11.07.2012

DONNI CHARM

HEY Y'ALL. 
I am now a campus rep for >>donni charm <<<and I am STOKED about it. What that means is I help spread the word about this amazingly inspiring line of scarves, clothes, and accessories. I will be hosting trunk shows throughout the year, and can offer students a 30% discount off all merchandise.
I REPEAT: 30% DISCOUNT FOR STUDENTS.

 Here is a little diddy I wrote about Donni Charm for The Odyssey, which is the greek newspaper I write for and slash am editor in chief of (oh p.s.s. always wanting more writers and sales execs, especially guys, especially sports writers, okay i'm done now)

:

Donni Charm is a unique line of scarves, jewelry, and clothes, created by Alyssa Wasko, a sophomore Kappa Kappa Gamma while attending the University of Arizona. This line is unique, not only because of the originality of the design, but also the story of how it began.

When Alyssa Wasko was in college, her father suffered a tragic accident that resulted in death. To help herself cope with the devastation, Alyssa channeled her emotions towards making special scarves. She used different fabrics and cutting styles, and adds a delicate “charm” to each garment.

Alyssa's creativity didn't only help her coping process, but has also touched the lives of others who have lost loved ones. Donni Charm scarves are particularly helpful because they are meant to "wrap around you" and hug you, much like the way past loved ones would. Each garment has a signature dangling charm, further reiterating the brand's overall originality. 

The name “Donni Charm” is a combination of her dad’s nickname, Donny, and what Alyssa was to her dad: a charm. What started as a hobby to help her cope with the death, blossomed into an international line of iconic scarves. Celebrities like Beyonce, Sarah Jessica Parker, Megan Fox, Jessica Alba, Naomi Watts, Vanessa Hudgens, Lo Bosworth, Whitney Port, Rihanna, Emily Maynard, Kim Kardashian, Isla Fischer, and more. It has been featured in major national publications like Vogue, Us Weekly, People Style Watch, Seventeen, and In Style just to name a few. Donni Charm has even been broadcasted on the news on Fox, Today Show, NBC, CBS, Extra TV, The View, KTLA, and more. This highly respected brand has grown to 500+ boutiques around the world, and gains more traction every day by means of campus representatives.

Donni Charm also donates generously to charities and organizations like Kappa Alpha Theta, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Children’s Brain Tumor Foundation, Rubaga Friends, Race to erase MS, Susan G. Komen for the cure, St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, Teach for America, Smart Girls, and much much more.

One of the ways Donni Charm has grown so successful is by means of campus representatives. Donni Charm relies on eager college students to help spread the word of the inspirational brand, and even make commission selling them. Campus reps are responsible for hosting multiple trunkshows, managing inventory, and applying strong communication skills to develop social selling expertise.

In fact, I recently received an e-mail through the president of Kappa, informing our chapter that Donni Charm was seeking a representative for Texas Tech. Reading Alyssa’s story through the e-mail definitely moved me. I felt compelled to whip up a cover letter, and submit my resume immediately. I am now lucky enough to be the campus rep for Donni Charm at Tech!

I will be hosting a trunk show at the Kappa house in the near future (date to be determined) and would love for everyone interested to come and try/buy a scarf! The best part? If you order with me, I can hook you up with a sweet 30% off discount—even for online orders! If you are interested in getting a good deal on a truly great designer brand, just e-mail me, or follow me on Twitter (@Sassy_Neal) to stay updated on DC’s latest events at Tech!


My friend Kathryn Ross (@kitykatross) who takes GREAT photos did these for me. 
Fun bright Tech-y/Holiday-ish scarf
"donni gem"
$49.50

ONE OF MY FAVORITE SCARVES
 "donni energy"
$69


This was my gift scarf!
"donni karma"
 $99



I'm awkward as hell in this, BUT those little blurry dots are so cool I had to upload it.
I cut my face out of all of these A) because this blog post is about the scarves and not me, B) let's be real, I was having a great hair day and a horrid face day, DON'T YOU HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS????????? 

I have TONS more scarves with me for anyone to touch, feel, look through, try on, but I only wanted to open and wear a few of my favorites for this lil shoot. 

I'm having my first trunk show at the Kappa house November 19th, and maybe one in the Main st. condos before that. To stay updated on trunk shows, slash what I'm doing every 5 minutes, follow me on the TwItTeR: @Sassy_Neal plz 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...