10.19.2011

Get off of my cloud

When I was a sophomore in high school, I was lucky enough to get the opportunity to see The Rolling Stones in concert with my dad. My mom was originally supposed to go, but couldn't make it. It was in El Paso, and my dad and I went with a few family friends (all my dad's age). They would tell me, "Is this music too old for you? You probably don't listen to The Stones."

I'm sorry, WHO DOESN'T LISTEN TO THE STONES???????

I reassured them I was MORE than happy to go. So whenever I find something Rolling Stones related, I am extremely partial.

Like this Chaser shirt from singer22.com.



In fact one of my favorite throw-on-and-go-anywhere tops is a Chaser Rolling Stones tee. I couldn't find it online, but I'll post it one of these days.

A young Mick Jagger and Keith Richards

Freshman year of high school, I took history of Rock & Roll. Totes on of my fav classes. I kept the textbook, duh. Fun fact about the stones, is that their band manager would lock Mick and Keith in a room together until they came out with the song. Also, the guitar riff for "I can't get no satisfaction" came to Keith in his sleep one night. Talent out the ass.

And here is a cool lil youtube vid with The Stones.





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...