5.27.2013

Beanie There but Never Done That

Beanies, y'all. 
They've been cool for quite a few months now but I'm just getting around to blogging them so deal with it. 

I don't know where the influence came from. Maybe the grunge/punk thing coming back around in style? Nostalgia from the nineties? Not to mention our very own Leandra Medine sporting them like she crawled out of the womb wearing one. 

THIS BEANIE JUST WON'T STOP
I FOUND YOU, MISS NEW BEANIE
Here is where my first inspiration to put tube-shape knitwear over my hair started. But can I pull it off???? It seems like a lot of pressure??????? If my beanie doesn't look man-repeller, then I'll end up just looking like your regular every day human-repeller. 

WHAT I'LL LOOK LIKE IF I DON'T PULL IT OFF. THE SUBWAY CREEP.

Here are my pics for proper beanie-wear:

Beanie Swag Nation City



ASOS beanie hat
asos.com


White hat
etsy.com



Agent Ninetynine slouch hat
$19 - generalpants.com.au


Embroidered hat
brandymelvilleusa.com


Bardot beanie hat
$16 - bardot.com.au


Bardot beanie hat
$16 - bardot.com.au


Sport hat
$16 - amazon.de


ASOS beanie hat
asos.com


Black beanie hat
ark.co.uk




I know it's summer, and beanies seem like an odd fashion trend to be pushing, but if LC can make scarves cool in the summers of laguna beach era circa 2005-2007, then I'm pretty sure Leandra can be the opinion leader of summer beaniewear. Beaniewear? That's not a word. 


there it is.
It's just like hi-low skirts. They'll start on the fashion blogs, then gain some attention, some boutiques will carry the items in limited qualities, they'll sell out, then mass retailers like F21 and H&M will distribute the crap out of them, THEN ALL OF THE SUDDEN EVERY GIRL IN AMERICA IS WEARIN' HI-LOW SKIRTS AND BAUBLE NECKLACES LIKE THEY OWN THE PLACE.

More inspiration for your bad hair days:
lookbook.nu
This girl must have some serious "right side of her face" issues, because this is the only way she poses. just a fun fact. lookbook.nu
samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com
this is a cool blog.
jjnorris.com
cool photography blog lalalalala
Stylesaint.com


last time I used the word beanie, it was in reference to babies, I believe.
»---

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...