5.19.2013

Glad to be a Grad

Last August, my conversations were something to the effect of the following:

"This is your LAST year of college!! You're a senior! Then you're entering the REAL WORLD!" -someone 
THAT IS THE MEANEST THING ANYONE HAS EVER SAID TO ME. -my thoughts 
"Yaayy!"

"Are you excited to be done??!!" -someone
YEAH I HATE PARTYING AND DOING WHATEVER I WANT AND LIVING OFF MY PARENTS, I CANT WAIT FOR THAT TO BE OVER, I'D REALLY MUCH RATHER WORK 9-5 EVERY DAY AND PAY MY OWN BILLS. -my thoughts
"What are you going to do after you graduate?!" -someone
LOL IDK YOLO -my thoughts
 "Oh, I'm still working on that!"


In essence, I REALLY did not want to leave the college life. 
I didn't want to leave my friends, I didn't want to have to worry about supporting myself, didn't want to leave Lubbock, didn't want to miss out on Chimy's happy hour and didn't want to think about the real world. Didn't want to go. Wasn't ready to leave. "I LOVE COLLEGE I WANT TO LIVE HERE FOREVER I WANT TO CHANGE MY MAJOR 8 MORE TIMES," I would tell people. It really disturbed me to get my head around the fact that this was my last year of my red raider days. End of game days, end of Broadway St memories with my hoodrat friends, end of memories of Kappa, end of all the classes I actually enjoyed, end, end, end end endendendendndenndnndnendndndnnenenendnend

Fast forward to the end of senior year. 
A 180 degree change of heart has taken place. I have so many great memories here in Lubbock with great people and great places, but it can't go on forever. I am so ready to meet new people and fall into different lifestyles, patterns, routines and make my own money. In August, I was so resistant to the idea of change and leaving everything I've become so comfortable with here. Now I'm so ready to get somewhere new and experience a change of pace.

This graduation weekend was perfect and wonderful. Could not have asked for a better one.

grad outfit inspo--BY NONE OTHER THAN THE BIG B.E. 




accidental photos just turn out the best 



feels good to KICK OFF THOSE SUCKERS. 

These loub babies were a christmas present. I cried. Literally..... like bawled. 
My mom snapped some pics of me around campus the afternoon after I graduated and they turned out so well! Party time Fran needed a lot of direction on the photo taking--A CAREER IN WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY IS NOT IN HER FUTURE--but she was a super trooper snapping me in the heat of the afternoon.

Graduation is such a happy and fun time... but honestly... I'm GLAD it's over. It will be nice to not be the center of everyone's focus after the shiny "I AM GRADUATING COLLEGE" sign on my forehead has faded and lost its luster. Don't get me wrong, I DO ATTENTION VERY WELL, but I'll be glad when I can have a conversation with someone that doesn't end up on the topic of my graduation and plans afterwards. THERE MAY ACTUALLY BE OTHER TOPICS THE COURSE OF THE CONVERSATION COULD TAKE--STAY TUNED FOR NEXT WEEK'S EPISODE OF #LIFEAFTERGRADUATION


see you on vine. 

»---

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...