5.21.2013

Look good while you twerk--I MEAN WORK.


For those who aren't in my *eLiTe cLoSe CiRcLe oF cRoNiEz & hOmiEz*, I'm moving to Dallas this week for a social media internship with D Magazine--STOOOKKKKEEEEDDDDD*

In accordance to my new future lifestyle, I've realized a few things:

WELCOME TO TECH














  • Wait, so the rest of the world doesn't wear XXXXXXL kappa tees and nike shorts on week days.....(?)
  • The "work" clothes I wore to my job at chrome... are likely NOT acceptable as work clothes in the rest of the real world.... (if there is an advertising agency thats accepting of high waist denim cut offs, sheer tops, combat boots, turbans or skull jewelry, JST HLLER ATCHA GRL)
  • Hmm so the only clothes I own are class or chrome/going out clothes. Basically. 
Here is some stuff I recently purchased for the #worklyfe 
or should I say #unpaidinternshiplyfe #whtvr #yougettheidea

The new work staples


Bisou Bisou peplum top
jcpenney.com


Forever 21
forever21.com


H M embroidered jacket
$46 - hm.com




Forever 21 flat shoes
forever21.com


Forever 21 bib necklace
forever21.com


Essie beauty product
nordstrom.com



I purchased all the items exact above except different versions of the necklace and white blazer.

I own a pair of "dress pants" but let's be real about nice dress pants from Bealls circa 2009.... like  I don't want to even talk about it. No. I think I've reached the point in my life where I finally have enough self respect to not wear pants that a 49 year old could easily be wearing whilst selling furniture. Nothing wrong with furniture salesmen or 49 year olds. I'm just making a self-pants-situation-analysis. SO I decided to buy into the tuxedo-stripe pants trend. My mom said they looked like work out pants?????? She was also concerned about the nude/gold studded flats. "Is your boss going to think you're a gothic?" OH, MOM. LOL. #SH!TMOMZSAY

I think in most office settings, denim is okay as long is it's a nice, clean (and, well CUTE) choice. Print denim has taken over, and honestly, I make like Creed and welcome it with arms wide open because I'm obsessed. These white/floral ones R LYKE TOTES SUMMER/ROMANCE/CHIC--HAD TO HAVE.

I also bought a leather pencil skirt and a shirt that says "PUG NATION" in a nice/casual sans serif bold typeface that you can't miss, even with your fuzzy drunk googles, but I mean, you know, I guess I can't exactly include those items in my "work staples" collage. I mean. I guess.

Other recent purchases...
"Anything Goes" bag, except mine is THIS color
Meet my new GGL functionals. 
It was time to retire my make up holders circa walmart circa 2010
these are literally the sizes and colors I bought--RECOMIENDO TODOS....  that's likely to be incorrect spanish. 

See all functionals here. They rock.
GGL IF YOU'RE READING, FIRST OF ALL, hallo, SECOND OF ALL, HIRE ME FOR SOMETHING. I'LL BE THE OFFICE JANITOR. ANYTHING. PLZ. THANX.


*Handshaking the line of important people during the graduation ceremony, I may or may not have said the word, "s t o k e d" to the chancellor of Texas Tech as I shook his hand. So there's that. #ohmemories

#pugnation
»---

1 comment:

  1. you're my favorite--- please keep posting!!! Good luck at the internship! GGL will notice eventually...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...