1.30.2012

Tina Fey & Kale Chips

Two things: weird health foods I find on Pinterest and a last minute audiobook purchase for a road trip. 

Everyone has GOT to read Tina Fey's Bossypants. IT IS SO FUNNY. I think women will enjoy it more than men, just like women liked Bridesmaids more than men. She talks about having lesbian friends growing up, what it's like working with SNL and not being able to do decent impressions (until Sarah Palin came along), and hilarious stories of motherhood. The book is read in her voice and she even plays an SNL clip. I was laughing the whole car ride home!


Then we have kale chips. Totally not a common purchase on my end of the check out line. BUT.... I made myself buy them last week, not knowing what I would actually do with them. Then I stumbled across a striking picture on pinterest (story of my life), describing these healthy kale chips as SALTY, CRISPY, AND OILY. Nothing can go wrong with those 3 words. So tonight, after cooking a healthy yet unsatisfying dinner, I decided I would rather bake green leafy vegetables than study research methods. 


How to make 'em...
  • Peel the leafy part away from the stem. 
  • Layer them flatly on a cookie sheet (I lined it with foil, but the recipe recommends parchment paper).
  • Drizzle olive oil all over them. 
  • Sprinkle sea salt all over them.
  • Flip.
  • Repeat.
  • Make sure most of them aren't touching, then pop them in the oven for 20 minutes on 300.
THEY'RE SO GOOD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...