12.19.2011

Closetvisit

I really couldn't pass up blogging about this....



Everyone meet Cathy Cooper, stylist of Echo Park, CA. She has long hair, tattoos, and sick style. I have no idea what age she is, but she still reminds me of all of the fashion lovers that I've ever seen in their 20s. I read this interview of her and it really expanded my google search. I find her so interesting.

Here is the article from closetvisit.com...

Describe your personal style. 
I like to think of myself as a Baroque hobo. On the witchy side.

Who are your favorite designers?
Junya Watanabe, Rei Kawakubo, Henrick Vibskov, Tsumori Chisato, Kenzo, Norma Kamali, Ossie Clark, Elsa Schiaparelli, Alexander McQueen, Hussein Chayalan, Martin Margeila, Salvatore Ferragamo. That's the short list.

What are your favorite places to shop?
La Garconne, APC, Opening Ceremony, The Scent Bar, Creatures of Comfort, Barney's, Bergdorff Goodman's, St Vincent De Paul's.

Who are your style icons? 
Louise Nevelson, Quentin Crisp, Leigh Bowery, Anita Pallenberg, Giorgiana Cavendish, Iris Apfel, Alice Pollock, Yayoi Kusama, Gloria Swanson, Eva Roberts

Are there any key pieces you find yourself wearing constantly?
My patched jeans.


What is your most recent purchase?
A gorgeous, molded leather change purse in oxblood. I got it in a boutique called Ramdane (lower east side NYC).

Do you have any stories about amazing deals you've gotten on awesome pieces?
My dog and I were on a New Years road trip to the Grand Canyon. I drove into Kingman to get a snack and ended up with a vintage YSL 3 piece suit for ten dollars. I love a road trip..

Can you give us smart shopping advice?
Shopping online for high end clothing: Make sure you go and try on the line you are shopping for to be sure of your exact size. A lot of those items are non-returnable so it pays to be precise.

What's the best thing about your job?
Discerning what is essential and what should be discarded.

Which beauty products do you recommend? 
Water and sleep.

5 things you can't live without.
My friends, my grandfather's guitar, art, my dog and the earrings my mother gave me

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...