2.15.2012

Feathers & Leather

My first outfit post!! Thanks to my cute lil fren, Kathryn. 


Shoes-Aldo/Dress-Solemio/Jacket-F21/Purse-vintage/Jewelry-House of Harlow & H&M/
Sunglasses-Ray Ban/Turban-vintage

Compliments to my roommate for the loaning of the perfect nude pumps from Aldo. This is actually my first time to wear this feather maxi dress! I got it from my favorite boutique in Ruidoso--J.Roberts. It's actually much longer than it looks. I hiked it up and draped it over a skinny belt--one of my fave tricks with dresses. Even though I love the feather pattern, I was hesitant to buy this dress because of the pattern law: big patterns make you look bigger; small patterns make you look smaller (see mom, majoring in apparel design for 1 semester wasn't a complete waste of doll hairs). Obviously, the feather pattern is large. So to balance that out, I wore those tall pumps to lengthen everything, a skinny belt to give the dress shape, and then a cropped jacket. Cropped because you want the dress and feather pattern to have all the attention and not have to compete with a big or bright jacket. As for the turban... don't you love that? It was 99 cents. Oh, and so was the purse. I got them both at a lil vintage store in New Mexico.

My friend Kathryn took these photos! I recommend her for any of your photography needs! Here are some more she once took of me for a photography assignment of hers....


Can't wait for my next outfit post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...